Spark Minds Kindergarten School offers a unique international curriculum that encompasses international standards and learning objectives.
The curriculum is centered around an active learning philosophy based on the 5 C's for academic success which are: Community, Connections, Communication, Collaboration and Creativity. Our curriculum is structured into thematic units of study that tie into all academic core subjects: Spark Minds curriculum is well balanced between workbooks and active learning such as self-exploration, and incorporating learning activities into the curriculum that are fun and engaging for young children. Such learning activities include:
- Art Experiences such as painting, drawing and using art materials allow children to express their feeling and ideas and promotes creative expression.
- Cooking experiences provide a fun and engaging way to learn about measurements, quantities and interaction of various substances.
- Field Trips provide a fun reinforcement for learning by exploring different environments and facilities. Field trips are specifically chosen to adhere to the units of study in the curriculum.
- Sensory experiences such as water play, sand play and play dough provide relaxing and stimulating experiences that promote creative thinking processes as well as develop small and large motor skills.
- Dramatic play using props, puppets, household materials promotes imaginary play, language development and socialization skills
- Building and Construction materials reinforce math concepts such as space, size, and measurements and allow children to make connections in a creative and fun way.
- Group Games are incorporated into every core subject to reinforce learning and critical thinking skills. Oral language games are essential for language development.
- Special Events, fun days and Concerts promote a sense of teamwork and working towards a common goal.